Follow the steps below to add the BorrowMyDoggy email address to your safe list:
- Click on the big "Gmail" top right and select "Contacts"
- Click on the "New Contact" button on the left
- Fill in the contact card with the name as BorrowMyDoggy and email address as email@example.com
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- On the Preferences tab, under E-mail, click Junk E-mail.
- Click the Safe Senders or Safe Recipients tab.
- Click Add.
- In the Enter an e-mail address text field add firstname.lastname@example.org to the list box, enter the name as BorrowMyDoggy, and then click OK.
Apple Mail for OS X:
If email from email@example.com ends up in your junk mail folder, highlight or open it and click Not Junk at the top of your screen.
- Go to Mail > Preferences from your Mail menu
- Go to the Rules tab
- Select Add Rule
- Give this rule a name such as BorrowMyDoggy
- Create a rule that says "If any of the following conditions are met: ‘From’ ‘Contains’” and then paste in “firstname.lastname@example.org”
- From the actions, select Move message to mailbox Inbox.
- Click OK
To whitelist email@example.com with Yahoo!, you will need to set up a filter after first taking the following steps:
- If you find email from firstname.lastname@example.org going to your Yahoo! bulk folder, open it and click Not Spam
- Be sure that the address email@example.com is not in your Blocked Addresses list.
- If firstname.lastname@example.org is on your Blocked Addresses list, select it and click Remove Block